Thursday, August 2, 2012

10 Weeks Later

Jenny:
Just a recap of this past week: We said goodbye to Tabitha last week and she gave us some tasks to finish- editing Horry County Shoot, researching potential story ideas for other counties, and managing the blog. Well, Meagan and I decided to give us one extra task- we are saying thank you to everyone and making a little something special for Tabitha.


On Tuesday we went to Sumter to help for the last time during this internship. Everyone at Making it Grow is so welcoming and very helpful. I'm really going to miss them!


Now- just ten weeks later, I can't imagine not waking up on weekdays and not heading to ETV. It's going to be a difficult adjustment going back to school, but I know now what I have to look forward to. I'm so thankful to have been given this opportunity and if you ask me- I feel like I received the best experience  out of all of the interns because, unlike most of them, I had someone beside me the entire time helping me or critiquing or just exchanging ideas. Having Meagan this summer made the whole experience so much more worth while because I was able to have someone who was my age, striving for the same success, and pushing me to be better. Tabitha was probably one of the best to intern under as well because we go to travel at least once a week to go out on a shoot, and after the first two weeks, Meagan and I were able to start handling the footage. Not long after that, we were asking the questions during the interview.
This internship allowed me to expand my professional network, and really gain an insight for what this industry does and how they operate. I was able to learn more in Final Cut, and also just how and what to shoot while out at an interview. I've been introduced to a wealth of terminology and softwares which I'm planning to research more into. And the list goes on...


I have high hopes for my future and I know that ETV will be the point that I look back and say, "and that's where it started".







No comments:

Post a Comment